This recipe is so sinful and so desired in my house. I have to be careful when I make it or my fiancé will go into a sugar coma. This sweet and savory sticky bun has all the sweetness you can image. These buns are so soft, gooey, and truly addictive!
This mouth-watering dish came up one night when I was craving something sweet. I wanted a Honey Bun but didn’t want to make a trip to the store. Frustrated that there wasn’t any available in the home, I went on Pinterest to find a Honey Bun recipe. Imagine my surprise I didn’t find it of course! Little Debbie probably has the patent on it and does not want to share it with the world.
I see you, Little Debbie. *side eye*
But I came across a classic Sticky Bun recipe and decided it needs some jushing! I tried fun things with the sticky sauce by adding some butter that is under the influence. Using some Sweet Honey Bourbon and other fun and exciting ingredients to the recipe to make it a KaeLouz original.
Enjoy these sweet, savory, and a little boozy Stick Buns.
Prep Time: 2 Hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours and 30 minutes
Serving 12 buns
For the dough
1 ½ cup of warm milk (about 110F/43C)
One packet instant dry yeast
½ cup of sugar
One large Egg at room temperature
¼ cup of melted butter
3-4 cups of all-purpose flour
One teaspoon salt
For the filling
¼ cup of light brown sugar
¼ cup of granulated sugar
Two tablespoon ground cinnamon
One stick of canna-butter soften
For the topping
½ cup of butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup golden syrup or maple syrup
Two tablespoons of honey bourbon
Two tablespoons of whipping cream
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in ¼ cup of warm milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 2 – 3 hours.
- To prepare the topping, add the butter, brown sugar, bourbon and golden syrup in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and the mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from heat, add the cream, mix well to combine.
- Pour this into a greased 9-x-13-inch pan the prepared pan and set aside.
- Punch down dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle.
- Soften butter all over the dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough.
- Beginning at the 15-inch side, roll up the dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 10 – 12 slices.
- Coat the bottom of two baking sheets with butter. Place half the cinnamon buns on each sheet at least 3 inches apart on the baking sheet and let rise until dough is doubled (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Bake on 350f/175c for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the sticky buns to cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
- Serve warm, sticky-side-up.